Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

From Scratch Cupcakes & Cravings

So this past weekend I made my first "from-scratch" cupcakes, and they were a hit!!! Thank you, Magnolia Bakery cook-book.

I made the basic vanilla cupcake and vanilla buttercream frosting, with blue food colouring. I made the icing a little too liquidy, so it kept separating on me. Made a super cool "blue jean" colour, but not what I was going for. It also didn't keep it's shape well for me to decorate, it kind of slid off my cupcake before I could refrigerate them. Doesn't really matter because they tasted awesome. I will perfect them next time. I've made the necessary notes. My cookbook has been christened and is nice and smudged now. Hah.

It made it hard to get them even when they kept slipping.
Regular sized and minis!

My mom did this one, and because it was a bit warm, and
slippy icing, she kept yelling "It has SIDEBURNS!!"
It's the Elvis cupcake.

I also made Fettuccine Alfredo one evening for my brother, boyfriend and me. I got the recipe from my friend in BC, and it was YUMMY. It was kind of touch and go, but I figured it out. It tasted good, but I don't think I did it properly. I'll know better for next time. Also came to the realization that I don't really like alfredo sauce. I get tired of the flavour really fast. I'll probably make it a rose next time. Yum. I love pasta. Sadly, I didn't have time to take a picture of it... Too frazzled trying to make it. 

BUT tonight I finally satisfied my craving for fish and chips. The best fish and chip place is off Clark Blvd in Brampton, Heritage Fish and Chips. SOO GOOD. And reasonable prices. Topped off with lemon and tartar sauce, a nice cup of tea that comes in a tea-cosied pot (so British), and good company makes a perfect meal and night. 

I was being healthy and ordering the Greek side salad.
I ate my mom's chips though, gotta keep with a 
tradition!

Enjoy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment